Sunday, October 14, 2012

Anti-Parasitic Effect of Propolis Prolongs Life

Once again, Propolis demonstrates its numerous qualities of protecting life of not only humans, but animals as well. Hopefully, there'll be a follow up to this study to determine what dose would be effective in vivo, since it's impossible to overdose on Propolis...

Susceptibility of Trypanosoma evansi to Propolis Extract in vitro and in Experimentally Infected Rats

Research in Veterinary Science, 2012, December, Volume 93

Current therapy of Trypanosoma evansi infections is not effective for the vast majority of animals with relapsing parasitemia and clinical signs. Recently, attention is being focused on the antiparasitic activity of propolis.
This study evaluated the susceptibility of T. evansi to propolis extract in vitro and in vivo.

A dose-dependent trypanocidal activity of propolis extract was observed in vitro. All trypomastigotes were killed 1 h after incubation with 10 μg mL−1 of the extract. In vivo, the concentrations of 100, 200, 300 and 400 mg kg−1 administered orally for 10 consecutive days showed no curative effect, and the rats died from the disease. However, rats treated with the two highest concentrations of propolis extract showed higher longevity than the other groups.

Based on these data, we concluded that T. evansi is susceptible to propolis in vitro. Despite the lack of curative efficacy observed in vivo at the concentrations tested, the propolis extract can prolong life in rats infected with the protozoan.


1 comment:


  1. A world is enough for a wise. I'm SEN.BUKA MORRIS from DENMARK.I was a Herpes patient for 7years ,i suffered a great lost in applying medical treatment to get cure from the virus. It was too scaring having does sleepless nights with Herpes. I went through many hospitals seeking for the solution to my cure all my efforts where rendered useless. I was so frustrated, and lost my lovely wife along the line due to the bad effects of her virus. I became so ashamed of myself. I decided to check on the internet if there could be any possible remedy to this dangerous virus . Then,I came across lots of comments about Dr.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME, who's patience have recommended him of his Good work,testifying how his medicine saved their lives, and there have been living happily negative of their virus. I thought and believe I could be cure as well. Then,I decided to give it a try. To my greatest surprise after contacting him.,I was very happy in our first chat and I believe in everything he said. He really proved to me after going through lots of pics and videos with his patients. I then ordered for his medicine , he prepared and sent it through the DHL service.It was like a joke,but now a dream come through that I'm Herpes free, I have recently been confirmed HSV negative. All thanks to God for showing me the way to Dr CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME the great and powerful herbalist. Reach this herbalist on his email [dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com] or +2347030936239.

    ReplyDelete